Oral Medications For Chapped Lips
Chapped lips are a common ailment that can cause discomfort and pain to anyone who experiences them. Although many people believe that they come with age, a chapped lip can strike anyone at any time of their lives.
This condition is caused by the dryness of the lip, which can be exacerbated by the dry air in the air. If left untreated, chapped lips can be very painful and even become unsightly.
There are ways, however, that you can help to relieve your symptoms so that they do not interfere with your daily life.
1. First, it is important to know what can cause the dryness of your lips. As you age, the skin becomes less elastic and can more easily get damaged, which will result in more frequent chapping.
Dry skin can also make it more difficult for the lip to heal when it is cracked or cut, which can lead to a painful scar if it is not treated promptly.
Ensuring that your diet is rich in vitamin E is an easy way to ensure that your body is getting all the nutrients it needs to prevent these problems from occurring.
2. Second, you can moisturize your chapped lips right away. To do this, simply apply a small amount of Vaseline directly to the area of your lips.
This will seal in the moisture, which will keep your lips supple while moisturizing them at the same time. Be sure to keep a clean bottle of Vaseline next to you in case you need it!
3. Third, there are some special lip balms available to treat your chapped lips. These are great because they do not contain any lanolin, a substance that could make your chapped lips sore and itchy.
Instead, they have hydrocortisone, which helps to naturally relieve the pain from your lips. This is a wonderful option, but it can take several applications before your chapped lips start to feel better.
The good thing is that hydrocortisone can be purchased over-the-counter, without a prescription.
4. Fourth, you may want to consider vitamin E oil. This can be used directly on your chapped lips, or you can massage it into your skin.
It will help to moisturize your lips, as well as reduce the redness and irritation of them. Vitamin E oil can be found in both creams and lotions, so be sure to ask for a product that includes this ingredient.
5. Finally, there is the question of oral medications for chapped lips. Many people believe that this is an unwise decision because they have never had this problem before, and no one really knows how it will affect them.
However, if you have chronic lip issues, this may be an option for you. Discuss your options with a doctor before you make this decision.