When it comes to prom makeup, you want your look to be as memorable as your evening. It can take weeks to find the perfect dress, it is no wonder that so many have trouble coming up with ideas on what to do when it comes to cosmetics for the big night.
The good news is that you can combine your own style with that of the hottest trends to make you stand out in the crowd.
1. Remember that the most beautiful celebrity on the red carpet and the most beautiful girl at the prom is not the one wearing the most makeup! You don’t want people to say, “Wow, great makeup.” You want them to say “Wow, you look amazing!” Your makeup is there to bring out your natural beauty.
One of the best ways to look naturally beautiful is to choose a lightweight liquid foundation or a mineral makeup that is almost a perfect match to your skin. Apply the foundation evenly and lightly over your entire face, remembering to blend in at the hairline and the jaw line.
If there is a noticeable line where your makeup ends and your neck begins, you’ve got the wrong foundation. It’s either too dark or not the right shade. It pays to find the right foundation in order to have a beautiful base for the rest of your makeup.
2. Take a hint from your dress. If your dress is a bold color or black, you’ll want bold makeup to go with it. Your dress will overwhelm you and you’ll look washed out in those prom pictures if your makeup doesn’t complement the strong style of the dress. Dramatic eye makeup is great with a bold dress.
Try a strong smoky or cat-eye look. You can find video instructions on how to achieve these looks at seventeen.com. Just remember, when you play up your eyes you want to keep your lips neutral. You want to look like a glamour girl, not a clown, in those photos!
Chose a matte lipstick color close to your natural lip color or slightly beige or pink. Dresses in pastel shades call for a more subdued face. Keep the eyes neutral with some sparkly beige or brown shadow and a few coats of a lengthening mascara. Play up your lips instead with a high-shine lip gloss in a bright cherry or pink shade that complements the color of your dress.
3. You do not want your lipstick to come off after the first drink that you take at the prom. The all day lip colors can look a bit dry and glossy looks are in right now. You can have the best of both worlds. Use a product like Cover Girl Outlast Lip Color as your base.
Instead of putting on their top coat, you can use a lip gloss that you like to highlight your lips. By doing this for your prom makeup, you are going to be sure that you will not spend all your time in the bathroom reapplying your lipstick.
4. Create a glowing complexion, regardless of whether you’re emphasizing the lips or eyes. If you have a medium or dark skin tone, use a bronzer that is two shades darker than your natural skin color. Brush it lightly on the forehead, bridge of the nose and the cheeks.
Fair skinned girls can get the same super glow with a highlighter that is one shade darker than their natural skin tone. Use a highlighter along the tops of the cheeks, around the eyes and even around the lips. With either a bronzer or a highlighter, the key is to create a natural looking glow. Start with just a little product and add more if you need it.
5. Get a manicure the day before the prom. Choose a medium length for your nails. You want something more glamorous than short nails, but super long nails can be difficult to deal with. Once again, you may want to consider your dress when choosing the color and style of your manicure. Of course, a French manicure is always in style.
6. Do something special with your hair. Prom is a chance to really show your style with a celebrity-inspired hairdo. Try an updo for long hair or add curls to normally straight short hair. Pick up a copy of a celebrity hairstyle magazine or visit seventeen.com for ideas.
There are many other items that you are going to want to pay attention to when you do your makeup for a special occasion like the prom. You want to make sure that you take the steps necessary to help your products to last all day.
You will also want to make sure that you drink plenty of water leading up to the days of your event. This will make your skin look better before you even start applying your cosmetics.
If you want to know how to look your best no matter what your plans are then you have to go to the Best Makeup Tips. It is your one stop shop for everything from what to buy to how to apply these great cosmetics products.
5 Cool Prom Makeup Ideas
Prom is an exciting time of year for many young girls. You spend countless hours on your makeup, so that you know that your everyday makeup will not work. Now, you want new ideas for prom.
Browse prom makeover ideas to find the inspiration you want. Mix and match different eye shadow colors with the colors you want. For example, you may use a matte color, then layer it with more glitter to give it sparkle. This can be done on the eyelids, brow bones, and the crease of your upper and lower lips.
For a more dramatic look, use a darker color. Choose a dark blue or burgundy to add to your makeup. If you are planning a long gown, you may want to pick up on a dark purple from your dress or the color purple on the bridesmaid dresses. The color purple looks beautiful when applied with a pale foundation. For a more natural look, choose neutral shades.
Use your blushes to give your face a soft look. You can use one shade of blush for the entire face or one for the cheekbones and neckline. You can also choose to use two or three colors for the cheeks and nose. Your lips are a little trickier. You can choose from a range of colors like red or burgundy.
If you want to have a subtle effect on your lips, apply a darker shade. You can choose a dark chocolate brown or burgundy. Choose a lighter shade on the outer edge and then use your finger to apply it on the inner part. For the teeth, choose dark chocolate brown or dark orange for a classy look.
Another great idea is to use gold or silver for your eyes. Gold will give your eyes a gorgeous glow. You can choose gold or silver shimmery liner to put on your eyes for a sparkly look. Then apply a gold or silver eye shadow. to your eyelids and lashes to make them look long and dark.
Once you have chosen a few different colors to wear, try to coordinate your hair with your makeup. For a classic look, wear your hair down. It may be best to keep it tied back or up for this occasion. If you plan to wear a long wig, then it can help pull all of your hair up. A big bold lipstick or gloss is perfect for this type of look.
For a more formal look, choose a bright color for your hair and go with it with a lighter shade of lipstick for your makeup. If you do not care for a lot of makeup, then choose a darker shade on top and choose a light color underneath. If you are not planning to wear make up but you want to show off your legs, wear a very light-colored or sheer veil.
The face of your hair is often forgotten when planning out your Prom look, but it really does matter. Choose a color that compliments your complexion. If you are fair, choose a light color on your top, medium shade on your brows and light shade around the jaw line.
Use a light lipstick or gloss with a light lip liner to create an elegant look. If you are dark colored, go with a dark or nude lipstick or gloss. Choose a natural lip color that is easy to wear. If you are dark or have blue undertones, then choose a lighter shade to highlight your lips.
Remember that your dress should be comfortable and flattering. Look at several pictures of yourself in the dress before choosing a dress. The dress should not feel constricting or tight. If you do not feel comfortable with the dress, then consider wearing something smaller.
Lastly, don’t be afraid to experiment with the colors that you want to wear on your Prom day. Be creative with your makeup and colors. There are so many colors that you can find on the Internet or in department stores that you can choose from. to create a unique look.