The right shades of eye shadow can definitely make your eyes more attractive. I love experimenting with eye shadow, and the big color palettes are wonderful for adding variety to my beauty collection.
You would be surprised to find the many color combinations that will look really good on you. By simply playing in your makeup box, you can freshen an old look, and maybe even get a more glamorous face with some simple contouring and shading tips.
Many women also like to experiment with new bright bold colors in shadows, and from glitter to accenting shades, you can create a variety of different effects easily, and will a little know-how.
Spend some time with your color palette, and experiment with colors that you find attractive. Some tips with color, brown eyes look spectacular with purple eye shadow, green eyes pop with gold, blue eyes look amazing with almost any shade of blue shadow, and hazel eyes get bolder with green or khaki colored shadows.
To keep your eye shadow in place, especially if you are using a creme eye shadow, use a primer. Before applying your eye shadow, simply apply the primer as instructed over the lids and up to the brow-bone.
This will keep your shadow in place, and keep it from smearing. If you are looking for a subtle color, go with neutral shadows like tan, pale pink, or gray.
Apply neutral shades with an eye shadow wand to the area just under the brow line, and over your lid. To play up your eyes try experimenting with darker or deeper colors to compliment these colors.
Use these colors to contour the areas just over the lid in the crease and the area above up to the lightest shadow area, and along with the corners of your eyes from the inner corner up to the brow.
Another trick that I like to use when I want more color is to line my upper lids with a thick eyeliner pencil and go over the lid area with the darkest most dramatic color of the shadow. This is a good makeup tip for when you are going out at night.
Be sure to smudge and blend the color so that it looks better, and you don’t get that “made up” look. Whenever you are applying eye shadow, you will want to blend for the best look. I use a larger makeup brush to blend eye shadow with a light dusting.
Finally, use a good mascara to play up your lashes, and give you look some balance.
Applying Eye Shadow For Blue Eyes
A lot of women wonder what eye shadow they can wear with their particular eye color. Many women with blue eyes are under the misconception that they are limited in the colors they can choose from.
This is a myth. There are many colors that will not only work with blue eyes, but will really accentuate them, making your blue eyes pop.
For any eye color, a good tool to use is the color wheel. Have a look at one and find your eye color. Are your eyes blue, blue-green, grey? When you’ve found your eye color look at the shades directly across from it. These are the colors that will suit your eyes.
There are so many variations of blue eyes out there but in general colors such as browns, neutral skin tones, pinks, purples, and oranges will really bring out your blue eyes.
Brown shades will make your blue eyes bluer and make the whites of your eyes whiter. Pink tones can help your skin to look cleaner and your eyes watery. Now I know many of you would never have thought of wearing orange or purple colored eye shadow.
You’re probably thinking it’s a bit too dramatic for me. We’re not talking about bright, loud colors. You certainly can go for that look but oranges and purples come in much lighter, subtle tones. Peaches, rust, lavender, lilac etc…
When applying eye shadow you should choose 3 to 4 colors. For example, if you were to choose browns, you could work with a dark shade such as chocolate, as well as mocha and more neutral shades.
When these are blended together correctly, the look is stunning and your eyes will be radiant. To apply make up to the eyes follow these steps:
1. Apply a drop of primer to the eye and using your finger rub it all over the eyelid. This will give you a smooth area to work and it will keep the eye shadow in place.
2. Choose your palette. It should include 3-4 shades of the color you have chosen: a light color, medium shades, and a dark shade.
3. At the base of the eyelid, using a flat brush, apply the darkest color from the palette. Brush it right along the eyelashes from the inside to the outer corner of the eye.
4. Use a soft brush for this step. Choose one of the medium shades in the palette and add some eye shadow to the outer corner of the eye, moving upwards. Brush this shade all along the crease to define the eye.
5. Keep your soft brush for this last step but be sure to clean it first. Take the lightest color and apply it to the center of the eye. Blend these shades together and you have a great look.
To really make your blue eyes stand out, choose a brown eyeliner and mascara to complete the look.
Hazel Eye Makeup
If you would like to enhance your appearance in a good way, you need to choose the application of eye shadow that will be great for you. In choosing the color of eye shadow, you need to make it suitable for the color of your eyes so you can make a good combination for your look.
If you have hazel eyes, you need to choose the color of green, brown and also gold. You need to check this article that will provide you with the right information.
1. Knowing the dominant color is the right thing you need to consider. By knowing it, you can determine the right color for your needs. In this case, the option of color will help you increase the look of your eyes. For most persons, you can choose a green color, which is dominant.
2. Purchasing eye shadows in a color palette is the next step you need to perform. Usually, the palette comes in three or four options of colors so you can do some trial when doing a combination. Besides, purchasing it will give more benefits or you because it is affordable.
3. You should apply the lightest shade beneath the bone of your brow for giving the best accent for your eyes. Then, you need to give the darkest color for your eyelids.
4. Then, you are advised to stick to a shiny silver of eye shadow if you are not certain about the color you would like to use.
5. For the last step, you just need to line your eyes with the use of eyeliner. As a matter of fact, this kind of application is really functional to enhance your look in an elegant way.